Innovation UK Smart Awards is an opportunity for UK registered organizations to apply for a share of up to £25 million in non-dilutive funding
If you have a game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation this is your chance to make an impact.
For your project to be eligible your organization must:
- be a UK registered business of any size or a research and technology organization (RTO) (registering your business is something we can help you out with)
- be, or collaborate with, at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- carry out your research and development (R&D) project activity in the UK
- intend to commercially exploit the project results from the UK
What you are proposing for the Smart Awards should also be able to demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing, innovative, disruptive, and ambitious idea leading to new products, processes, or services
- an idea that is significantly ahead of others in the field, set for rapid commercialization
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI), and growth through commercialization, as soon as possible after project completion
- a team, business arrangement, or working structure with the necessary skills and experience to run and complete the project successfully and on time
- awareness of all the main risks the project will face (including contractor or equipment failure, recruitment delays, etc) with realistic management, mitigation, and impact minimization plans for each risk
- clear, considerable potential to significantly impact either or both, the UK economy and productivity in a positive way
- sound, practical financial plans, and timelines that represent good value for money, which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
Does it seem like a lot? No need to worry, our funding experts can quickly evaluate your project’s eligibility, and walk you all the way through the preparation of your proposal as well as the final application.
The next call is closing on May 26, so just be smart about it and get in touch with Inspiralia today for a free expert opinion on your project’s chances of receiving up to £2 million!